Thursday, December 11, 2008

Goat Races..and Goats Racing!

Take a look at our upcoming race season:
FEBRUARY
2/8/09 China Town "FireCracker 5K & 10K

MARCH

Wow...so many choices, what's a goat to do? Well, Pasadena Marathon is a must for me. So...with all the training for that during the next few months, I should be well prepared for Derby Day because I'll be getting back to track work, including those nasty "double 5k's! Continued hill work will be critical for Wilson and hill work makes you stronger for EVERYTHING!

I probably won't do the Agoura race because it follows too close to the Pasadena Marathon and I don't know how long it will take me to recover from that. So far I'm not planning for June 's Mud Run..but who knows, a fickle goat can change her mind, so long as she does so before registration ends! As for the L.A. Marathon; depending on how I fair in Pasadena and how I feel after Wilson, there is a sick thought in my mind that this could be an interesting challenge for me. I wouldn't expect to run L.A. well, but it would be good training for an Ultra to do both races so close together. I'll have to run this thought by my more experienced Ultra friends.


So what are you all planning to do this race season? A curious goat wants to know.


Check out this link...Goat's really do race! BAAAAAA!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11xwIbjuUrQ&NR=1






5 comments:

Dave-O said...

Don't forget the Firecracker 10k on 2/08/09 (my birthday!)

Mountain Goat said...

Oh! Thanks Dave. I just added it to the list. I definitely want to do the 10K with you guys.

Kellie said...

Wow... Looks like I'm doing everything but the LA Marathon.

AdventureSeeker said...

That video was cute! And thanks for the list. I didn't know about the Agoura one. As long as I'm in town, I'll do Agoura half, Pasadena full, Mt. Wilson, LA marathon full, and the Mud runs. However, it kills me that Mt. Wilson and the LA marathon are so close together. What were they thinking!

Shannon Franklin said...

Hey Hope,

Thanks for your positive words of encouragement regarding my Fight Gone Bad post recently. You are such an inspiration! I am so glad to have made your acquaintance, and I hope we'll get to know each other better over the coming years.

Always be racing!

Followers